- Founded: 2001
- Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Services: Domain registration, domain auctions, domain appraisals, broker-assisted domain acquisitions, domain transfer & escrow services
- Domain extensions available: Over 280
- Support: Chat & ticket system, email support (M-F, business hours only)
- Known for: Domain marketplace, resellers, premium domains
Sedo is unique from other registrars in that it is the world's only global domain marketplace, offering the largest selection of premium domains with more than 18 million domains for sale. The company provides numerous outlets for those looking to purchase already-registered names, including domain brokerage services. For sellers, Sedo offers domain auctions, appraisals and other resources to help customers market and promote their domains. The company's transfer and escrow services also help buyers and sellers complete transactions seamlessly (all for a fee, of course). As of 2014, Sedo reported it was processing more than $6 million in domain transactions every month.
Sedo (short for Search Engine for Domain Offers) is well-known in the domain industry and a trusted destination for resellers. The bulk of Sedo's revenue comes from businesses and individuals looking to buy and sell premium domains. Customer support is limited to business hours on the East Coast, though its support is generally well reviewed by users.