- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Services: Domain registration, hosting, website builder, SSL certificates, WhoisGuard
- Domain extensions available: Over 380
- Support: 24/7 live support (live chat, support tickets, community forum)
- Known for: great value, intuitive domain management interface
NameCheap.com built up a loyal following early on by becoming a low cost registrar relative to its peers. In addition, they focused on simplifying the domain registration process. By all accounts, the strategy worked. Today, NameCheap is one of the most successful registrars in the industry with over one million customers and three million domains under management. In 2012, it was voted the "Most Popular Domain Name Registrar" in a Lifehacker poll. The company has also steadily gained recognition for its hosting services and in 2013 was recognized as the #1 Readers' Choice by HostReview.
Although NameCheap made a name for itself by offering cheap domains, it also has a reputation for solid customer service. Customers rave about its intuitive, yet powerful domain management control panel. NameCheap often uses hard-to-resist deals to hook customers: a recent special offered .us domains for just $0.98 for the first year. If you're looking for a great price from an extremely dependable registrar, you can't go wrong with NameCheap.com.