- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters: Vancouver, Washington, USA
- Services: Domain registration, hosting, web design, website builder, SSL certificates, online marketing
- Domain extensions available: Over 230
- Support: 24/7 live support (phone, live chat, support console)
- Known for: Great add on services, great pricing
Domain.com has emerged as a major player in domain registration, thanks in part to strong word-of-mouth referrals from a loyal fan base. With a name like Domain.com (perhaps the most obvious name for a domain registrar in the industry), it's no wonder that the company continues to attract new customers. Founded in 2000, Domain.com originally marketed an assortment of Web solutions and continues to offer hosting, email, SSL certificates and online marketing services on top of its domain registration services.
The company's pricing is in-line with competitors and in some cases offers even better deals than offered by bigger-name registrars. The company recently promoted .info domains at just $2.99 for the first year; and .com domains for just $9.99. However, expect to pay more for these extensions when renewing. In total, Domain.com has more than 230 extensions to choose from, including many of the newest TLDs (top-level domains) launching through 2015. The company also backs its services with solid customer support, available by phone and email 24 hours a day.